+386 (0)30 707 870
Mon - Fri
8:00 - 16:00
tel:
+386 (0)30 707 870
opening hours:
Mon - Fri, 8:00 - 16:00

Rent a bike

Do you wish to go on a cycling trip around Slovenia but don’t have your own bike?
At Adventure center Nomad 2000 you can rent bicycles, helmets, panniers and other cycling equipment.
Our center offersGiant trekking and mountain bikes as well as bikes manufactured by Nakamura and KHS.
We are located in Ljubljana - a short walk, taxi or bus ride away from the city center.

RESERVATIONS NEED TO BE MADE IN ADVANCE
E-mail:
Mobile phone: +386 30 707 870 Address: Rožna dolina, cesta XV, 20a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

You can fill our request form below.

TREKKING bikes

Giant Roam (2017 - 2022)

Specifications:

  • Type: Trekking
  • Sizes: S, M, L, XL
  • Frame: Aluminium
  • Wheel size: 28"
  • Front suspension: Yes
  • Drive train: Shimano
  • Brakes: Hydraulic disc brakes
  • Rear racks

Prices:

1 day 28 €
2-4 days 22 € / day
5-8 days 18 € / day
Longer period Contact us

Mountain bikes

Giant Talon (2017 - 2022)

Specifications:

  • Type: Mountain
  • Sizes: S, M, L, XL
  • Frame: Aluminium
  • Wheel size: 29"
  • Front suspension: 100mm
  • Drive train: Shimano
  • Brakes: Hydraulic disc brakes
  • Rear racks

Prices:

1 day 30 €
2-4 days 26 € / day
5-8 days 20 € / day
Longer period Contact us

Commuting bikes

Nakamura / KHS

Specifications:

  • Type: Trekking
  • Sizes: 17" - 20"
  • Frame: Aluminium
  • Wheel size: 26"
  • Drive train: Shimano
  • Brakes: Obročne Brakes

Prices:

1 day 18 €
2-4 days 14 € / day
5-8 days 12 € / day
Longer period Contact us
×
×
×

Other equipment

Panniers

Card image
  • Type: Ortlieb, Vaude, M-Wave
  • Volume: 20 L (one bag)
  • Waterproof
  • Max load: 9kg
Price: 3 € / day

Helmets

Card image

Sizes: S, M, L, XL

Price: 2 € / day

Rear rack

Card image
  • Type: rear rack (above rear wheel)
  • Max load: 20 kg
  • Allows pannier attachment
Price: free of charge

Price list 2023

Rental 1 day 2 - 3 days 4 - 7 days Longer period
Giant Talon 30 € 24 € 20 € Contact us
Giant Roam 26 € 21 € 18 € Contact us
KHS/Nakamura 18 € 14 € 12 € Contact us
Helmet 2 € 2 € 2 € Contact us
Pannier 3 € 3 € 3 € Contact us

Prices are listed per day. Prices include VAT.

The minimum rental period during the weekend is two days. If you want to rent bikes on Saturday or Sunday they have to be picked up either on Friday afternoon or on Saturday morning. The pick up time has to be arranged in advance. The bikes can be returned on Monday morning between 8 - 8:30, or at another time if arranged in advance.

Additional information

Security deposit

A security deposit has to be paid for the bike rental. Giant bikes require a deposit from 100 - 300 €/bike, and the HKS/Nakamura bikes 50 €/bike. The security deposit has to be paid in cash or with card at the pick up.

Additional equipment

With the rental you also get a: multi tool, tire lever, puncture repair kit, pump, inner tube (1 set per booking), lock (1 lock per bike) free of charge.

Transporation of bikes, people and cargo

We also offer transportation of people, bikes and cargo to airports, train stations or to the start of your cycling tour. In case you cannot return the bikes to our office, a pick-up of the bikes could also be arranged. The reservation has to be made in advance.

More on: www.vancenter.si

Cancellation and refund policy

If you have made a reservation and will not be able to pick the bikes up you can look up our Cancellation and refund policy.

Booking request

Bikes and gear

You can enter max 8 choices. If you want more, please send us an email.

*

*

*

Pick up and return

*
*

Customer experience

Timothy Fry

(October 2022)

We rented hard tail mountain bikes to do the West Slovenia Loop and the Adraitic Crest Trail. The bikes were in good condition, everything as expected, and we didn't have any problems with them. Eva and the staff at Nomad were helpful getting us started on the trip and flexible with our return trip. Thanks a lot!

Rosemarie Lueke

(October 2022)

Professional, knowledgeable, caring, and delightful to work with on our adventure with hybrid touring bikes through Slovenia! Equipment was excellent, would highly recommend Nomad2000

Rebecca van den Heuvel

(October 2022)

Perfect mountainbikes for the parenzana trail (Trieste to Pula). Clear communication, they arranged perfect transport back from Pula to Ljubljana. Very friendly people who will think with you to make sure your plan can happen.

Tom Surman

(October 2022)

Really friendly staff and reliable bikes. The bikes were clean and well maintained and we had no issues during our 10day rental. They came with robust locks and a small set of tools for repairs although we didn't need it.

Frequently asked questions

How does the reservation process work??

  • The quickest and easiest way is to fill out our Booking request form. After we receive your request, we check the availability of the bikes and gear. Then we send you an e-mail with all of the information regarding the rental. When you’re satisfied with your choices, we send you a proforma invoice (bank transfer) for a deposit of 30% of the total payment. With that the reservation process is complete. The remaining 70% of the rental amount is paid with cash at the pickup.
  • For any additional information you can always contact us via e-mail or mobile phone.

How can I pay?

  • Since we have a limited amount of bikes and gear, the most reliable option is to pay a deposit of 30% in advance via proforma invoice (bank transfer). The remaining 70% is paid with cash at the pickup. You can also pay the full amount with cash at the pick, but we can only reserve the bikes and gear with the payment in advance. We can also not guarantee that bikes and gear will be available if you come unannounced.
  • The security deposit has to be paid with credit card.

When and where can I pick up and return the bikes?

  • Our working hours are from 8-16h from Monday until Friday. During the weekend we are usually not in the office, unless arranged in advance. If you cannot pick up or return the bikes during our working hours please let us know via e-mail, so we can find a solution. For weekend rentals the bikes have to be picked up on Friday afternoon or on Saturday morning if arranged in advance. The bikes can not be returned during the weekend unless arranged in advance.
  • You can pick up and return the bikes at our office, located at: Rožna dolina, cesta XV 20a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
  • If you would like to pick up the bikes and/or return them at a different location, please let us know via e-mail.

Are you open during weekends?

  • During the weekend we are usually not in the office, unless arranged in advance. If you cannot pick up or return the bikes during our working hours please let us know via e-mail, so we can find a solution.

What is your cancellation policy?

  • You can find our cancellation policy in our General terms and conditions.

What if anything happens on the road?

  • If there is a minor issue with the bike like a flat tire or disc rotor rubbing, you are expected to solve the issue yourself. You are provided with a multi tool, tire lever, puncture repair kit, pump and an inner tube. .
  • If there is an issue with the bike which you have noticed and cannot fix yourself, but it does not cause any damage to the bike or does not hinder your biking experience, please let us know via e-mail: info@nomad2000.si, or by calling our mobile number: +386 30 707 870.
  • If you are not able to resolve the issue yourself and if traveling with the bike would cause the bike any damage, you are required to stop biking and contact us by calling our mobile number: +386 30 707 870, and write an e-mail with a description of the problem.
  • If you are involved in an accident, you are required to inform us about the incident via e-mail and mobile number. .
  • If the bike gets stolen or damaged you are required to immediately inform us about the incident via e-mail and mobile number.

Get in touch